An American makes plans to move to Taiwan.

1.20.2008

1 more day...

One more day in the USA. I am almost done packing. I keep adding and removing things from my luggage. I need to make sure the weight is okay. Also don't want to put things in the wrong bag.

You can't carry one any sharp objects or liquids these days. I also need to make sure I don't wear too much metal things, easier to not wear a belt, don't carry change or keys in your pocket, keep it in your bag.

My step-sister gave me some Taiwanese currency for my Christmas gift, it is a really wonderful thing because I can use that to pay for taxi and maybe the bus too, really useful!

Well I gave my TV to my grandma today. She will get my computer monitor as well after I leave. I am glad I got to see most of my friends and relatives before leaving to Taiwan.

I have been inputting many of my Online Taiwanese friend's adresses in my google maps. I saved their locations along with their phone numbers, that will make it easy for me to contact them if i need some help.

Well I better sleep soon. Here is a cute music video for you to watch, makes me feel happy when i am tired:

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Bicyclesidewalk said...

You know, I read this one this morning...thinking, wow, Google Maps, chatting online with all your Taiwanese friends, locating your new place - thousands of miles away, exchanging phone numbers, even the music video...and then I thought...(man, I am only 31) about 9 years ago when I moved to Japan - none of this was possible, however my question was - does this help the dream? - building Taiwan in your mind via the tools the Internet has provided, the stories and people you have virtually meet online, it is something else, and perhaps it does help, or perhaps it only temporarily satisfies a bit of the question, the unknown...yet I know from experience as I am sure you do to - there ain't nothing like the real thing! Have a great flight, and keep us posted, that is once you find yourself settled in your new place.

7:22 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home