An American makes plans to move to Taiwan.

12.31.2007

In the year 2008.

Last year, on this blog, I commented that 2007 still sounded like the future. Even though its in the past, I guess it still kinda does. But 2008, that's different for me. Jan 21, 2008, which is only about 3 weeks away is when I am leaving the US to start a new 'chapter' in my life. Anyway I'll be here for the first month of 2008 but you could say that this is the year I am thrusting myself into the unknown. I think it will be a challenging year, but I hope to grow up a lot from it.

I was hoping to have a small New Year's Eve party here at my dad's house, however, almost everyone I know is out of the state and/or country. That's what I get for having international friends. Well at least 2 or 3 people will come, we can play Wii and goof around as usual. I am thinking maybe I should plan another get-together thing sometime soon before I leave, 3 weeks isn't long at all.

Taipei 101, tallest building in the world.
On New Years they shoot fireworks directly off the building!


Well my Aunt and Uncle are coming next weekend so I am happy about that. I am hoping we can go to the Zoo and take along his video camera. We used to go down there all the time when I was a kid. I am also thinking of buying a camcorder for myself so that I can start video-logging, in addition to this web-log.

Well have a happy new years! Good luck to you all- and please wish me some too!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you sould come to here on new year eve. see the fireworks of Taipei 101, that was awesome^^

12:58 PM

 
Blogger Ian A. said...

Yeah, it looks awesome. Actually in 2005 I was in Taiwan for new years but only got to see this on TV. I heard they won't do it anymore?

1:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh why didnt you go to Taipei 101 to see the fireworks when you were in Taiwan? you at Pindong or something?
where did you hear the news? i never heard it! hahaha maybe you care about the fireworks more than me >///<
anyways, i think it will happen again in 2009 lol. sooo if you were, remember to go see it^^

2:44 AM

 
Blogger Ian A. said...

Yes, that's right. I was in Ping Dong at that time. Hope you are right, and it happens again. I think they might have considered stopping the fireworks if 101 is not the tallest anymore, but even though it is expensive I think it's important to do this type of thing to keep the Taiwan national pride.

7:43 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup, I saw this on the news the other day. The 2007 firework was the last for Taipei 101 cuz it ain't the tallest anymore. The Burj Dubai now holds the reign as the world's tallest.

9:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home