An American makes plans to move to Taiwan.

12.20.2007

I'm Freakin' Out Man!

Well, not really freaking out, just nervous. I have only about a month until I will be out of here. I really can't believe it. So now I will go back to my 'Things to do before Jan 21' list.

RED = High Priority - Still not done.
BLUE = Low Priority - Have some options
GREEN = Can't do that yet.

Essential:
  1. Visitor Visa (Planning to do this tomorrow.)
  2. Find apartment/make housing plans (I have some offers for temporary housing at least.)
  3. Get international drivers license (Not sure I even need this, trying to find if it's accepted in Taiwan.)
  4. Trash/sell/donate unwanted items (I donated some clothes.)
  5. Pack items to be shipped by sea
  6. Create bank account accessible in Taiwan and US (I got a Citibank account.)
  7. Get copies of College records (I need to call Towson about this.)
  8. Have passport size photos printed for use on forms (I got 2 for my Visa.)
Secondary:
  • Find housing that opens in January (I plan to find a place to live in Taiwan first.)
  • Find a Scooter to buy (Same as with the jobs.)
  • Find someone to buy the car (Mom donated it.)
  • Set up Skype so I can talk to parents (I set this up on mom's PC, she still needs a mic.)
  • Find a way to brush up on English and Chinese language skills (I have some ESL books.)
  • Prepare entertainment for the long plane ride (I have books, a laptop, and I can get another drawing pad.)
Well - Now after going through that list I feel a little better. I think its the 'holiday' things that are stressing me out. I have gifts to buy and so forth. I allready got a few though. So now, looks like I really just need to focus on getting this Visa and finding out about my College documents.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home