An American makes plans to move to Taiwan.

10.12.2007

Exciting times!

Well now I've purchased my Ticket to Taiwan. It cost only $783 for trip from DCA to TPE (Taipei.) The second part of the purchase is for a ticket to Hong Kong 60 days later. The visitor Visa will hopefully be extendable but I need to show I am leaving in order to get a visitor status, can't just get a one-way ticket.

I plan to live in Taichung now, I will land in Taipei and either have a friend take me or take a bus. All the friends I met online have been really helpful and seem excited and interested about my plans and reasons for going to Taiwan.

I will be looking on Taiwanted and Tealit for apartments, I noticed the price range in Taichung is still pretty good compared to the south. I can surely find a decent apartment for under $400 a month US. I hope I can get a place with a washer and a kitchen. I'll be willing to pay a little more for that.

I'll try to update this more often now that things are rolling. I want to post a list of things to do before I leave too- hopefully that can help me keep track and also help others that are thinking about making the move!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home