An American makes plans to move to Taiwan.

3.15.2007

Phase 2 underway!

I stopped working at the end of October, then met Sha Sha in December. I was being lazy about finding a job until she started to make me feel motivated. I applied to a few places and had horrible luck. I applied for Pla-za art store and they dicked me around, had me come for 2 interviews then ignored my e-mails and calls. In early February I decided (with the prodding of my mom and grandmother) to join with a temp agency. Apparently mother knows best because it turned out really well!

I think within a week they had a job for me - The Housing Oppurtunities Commission, doing IT!
I was doing IT at towson, but this job pays $15 an hour as opposed to $6, the management is WAY better and the people I work with are really awesome.

Now that I have a steady income (with no rent still, thanks dad!) I am able to have fun on the weekend and save up for my future Taiwan trip.

Heres another issue though, Sha Sha needs to stay here for about 2 years or so to finish school and get some work experience, I really wish I could go to Taiwan with her now, but it looks like I'll have to wait. If nothing is going wrong I don't want to give her up just to go to Taiwan, especially if I am finding some decent work.

Sha Sha and I have been having a lot of fun too - had just about the best Valentines day ever- we went sledding, we built a snow-bunny, watched a lot of movies, and this weekend he have tickets to see the Washington Capitals VS Tampa Bay Lighting (these are hockey teams in case you dont know...)

I will try to update this blog more often, but I tend to forget!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The interactive job market is begging for talent, why aren't you hustling for a production position in an agency?

12:36 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home