An American makes plans to move to Taiwan.

12.15.2007

Cold Weather!

GAAAAHHH!!! IT'S SO COLD! Well, cold is sort of a relative term, but to me, right now, it's friggin' cold!

Taiwan is sub-tropical in the north and tropical in the south. If I move to Taichung, that's in central taiwan. Actually it is my understanding that Tai = Taiwan and Chung = Middle, so the city name basically means central taiwan. It uses the same character as china to mean middle. ChungGuo or something like that- meaning Middle Country. America is MaiGuo meaning beautiful country.

blue green blue 藍綠藍 - By Paogao

So- back to the weather. It's already snowed once this year, and it was a pretty good one too, I got to take off of work that day, but I was already sick at that time. Cold weather just makes me feel slower, more reluctant to do anything, getting out of bed in the morning is painful. Putting your warm tender little feet to the ice cold floor is like torture! It might as well be hot coals!

When I was younger though, I hated hot weather. I think mainly because I was a teenager and embarrassed about sweating. My concept at that time was that cold weather was easier because you can always add more clothes, but you can only take off so much. But these days I really hate the cold. When I leave here it might be snowing, when I arrive in Taiwan it will be sunshine and palm trees, or if not, at least it will be warm, haha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home