An American makes plans to move to Taiwan.

12.08.2007

Updates! Progress!

Just a few new things going on, gotta give another update. I have only one week left of work! Thats 5 weekdays! I have been working with a temp agency since February, only one assignment. I have been working IT, fixing computers, doing some small network administrator things. Its been pretty good, my supervisor Karlos has been especially helpful in teaching me a lot about the field and keeping me out of trouble, haha! I'll be sad to leave my friends there, but at the same time I am really excited to have a break and be moving on to Taiwan.

This morning I set up a Citibank account. I know they are big in Taiwan, the lady who set up my account assured me I'd be able to use the ATMs there as usual and do most of my other banking things online. I will have to set up another Taiwan account to deposit earnings in. So looks like that wont be a problem, I hope! I need to apply for a credit card next.

Next Monday when i am off I think I will go to try to apply for my travel Visa. I am thinking I will try to do it in person, I don't know exactly how it works yet but I'll figure that out next weekend.

So I will have some free time to enjoy the holidays, then a month to prepare. My original purpose of this blog was to explain what I was doing to prepare to move to Taiwan, so I hope that it's useful to someone in the future. I think it's important to plan a lot of this ahead of time, don't just dive in, unless you have to, for financial reasons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home