An American makes plans to move to Taiwan.

1.19.2008

Oh man Oh man Oh man...

It's 4:21 am. I am still awake. Talking to people in taiwan, watching Mordeth13's videos on livevideo.com. I was looking at my apartment on google maps- looking at the distance to other people's places. To get out to the county area on the scooter is about 30 - 50 mins I think depending on where you are. Probably 30 mins to get across the downtown part of taichung, just estimating.

If it's really that quick on a 50cc then I think getting around is really easy. I can drive a scooter to work and for errands and then take buses or trains to other cities. Not needing a license is great, the I can get around right away!





For 50cc Scooters you don't need a license, well thats what some people said. I guess there is only a written test for them, but I was told that since I have a US Drivers license I don't need the Taiwanese license. If you want to drive a bigger scooter you need to take the written and road tests and get the Taiwanese license.

So I am thinking I can get a used 50cc scooter for a few hundred bucks maybe like 300 - 500 USD, not sure about that yet. Then once I learn to drive it better, and see if I want a bigger one, I can upgrade and also get the proper license. Seems getting around should be pretty easy.

If you are wondering why this is titled as it is, it's because I can't sleep because I have too much on my mind, going insane! The good thing is when I arrive in Taiwan I won't be jet-lagged, haha!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Bicyclesidewalk said...

Great Taipei DMV clip you found...The Japanese have a long way to go...I don't have much confidence that the folks over here could make an English infomation video like that one...

Only a bit longer and you will be in Taipei!

12:07 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home