An American makes plans to move to Taiwan.

2.04.2008

I got a job interview!?

I was just looking around on tealit.com. Actually, I was looking at scooters at first, but then I saw an ad on the side for a teaching job, so then I just went into the jobs section. I saw a few good ads so I fixed up my resume and then sent out a few letters of interest with my resume and a anti-fraud copy of my diploma (I made a layer in photoshop and put 'copy' all over it, and 'ask for id' in the middle.)

Suprising even to myself, I even called one place, because it was right here in my district. Sadly they allready had someone. But then a few hours later while I was working on my video editing I got a call asking to come in for an interview. Tomorrow is the last day before the Chinese new years week off, so I got an appointment for 10am. I am pretty excited, I just need to show up and talk with the owner of the school I guess, let them get an impression of me.

One thing I want to stress to her is that I want to be legal. I need an ARC, and I really don't want to work before I receive it. Also I know some teachers are arrested when doing demos and things, so I am worried about that. I like to follow the rules so I think that's a good point she will want in an employee anyway.

So I am pretty sure I know how to get there, it seems pretty close. She mentioned an old train as a landmark and I think I recall seeing one when I was walking to the night market in that direction, see, all the walking paid off, I allready know my part of Taichung pretty well!

Well wish me luck on that!

I was editing my video earlier as well so expect another post in about an hour or so with that as the topic!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! That's a good start!!!I wish you get a job!Don't worry too much about the work permit, b/c you can tell the employer and adjust the time you start to work. Keep Going!!Dude...

10:29 AM

 
Blogger Bicyclesidewalk said...

Good to hear you have started looking for work! Best of luck, I am sure you will nail it.

7:05 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home