An American makes plans to move to Taiwan.

1.26.2008

Feeling better!

Today I ate a lot! I ATE TOO MUCH! I ate with my lessor's family. Maria, her daughter, and the 2 grandchildren were there, they took me to lunch and then later cooked at home. I talked with them for a long time. They are really nice. I also met another French resident named diane, she is nice, here studying chinese.

Well they fed me till i am ready to burst, haha! I think on monday they plan to try to help me with getting an internet connection. Maria owns the building so I think she can apply for internet in whatever rooms she wants.

Once I have internet I will be really happy~! Haha!

Oh I need to mention Google Earth. Google Earth savd my life this week. It was downloaded on my PC so I didn't need an internet connection to use it. I was able to get ben to mark off a lot of useful places for me on the map and then I walked there later, its really helpful!

I have a queen sized bed here but for some reason they don't sell sheets that big in Taiwan, I need to ask my mom or dad to send me some proper sheets, right now I am borrowing a sleeping bag.

Well, I may go to the night market again tonight, try to buy something this time!

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Bicyclesidewalk said...

You know what, of all the countries I have visited - Taiwanese cuisine certainly takes the cake! And perhaps is an honest to god, fruit paradise. Not sure if they are in season at the moment, but I am sure you can find them at most any fruit market...you gotta try a Ba-La
here is a link -
http://farming.kscg.gov.tw/market/product/Kaohsiung-Agricultural/guava.html

1:55 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you're feeling better, man. It's cool you have people there to help you out, they sound integral to your success. And I can't wait for you to get a connection, I want to see cool pictures and video.
Yeah, things are going great for us, she's 1/2 way done law school and got really good grades this last semester.
And yeah, since the mornings at work are slow sometimes, you're going to get a lot of comments from me.
Oh, crap, I almost forgot, I was talking to a guy at the comic store who was saying how the 2nd Conan film was not only better than the first, but one of the best films of it's time. All I could think about was that I wished you and Hunt were there to rip into that kid. The thief's voice makes me physically ill... and that 7-year-old-Halloween-costume monster guy in the room with all the mirrors...God...

12:02 PM

 
Blogger cfimages said...

Queen size sheets are easy to find - just look for any bedding store.

10:04 PM

 
Blogger Ian A. said...

Morrocco - My dad liked #2 better as well - don't ask me why... But actually I dont hate it like you.

House of the dead - that I HATE.

9:25 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home