An American makes plans to move to Taiwan.

10.01.2008

Temple MANIA!

Guan Yu sitting atop Nantian Temple, yours truly in the foreground

Well I went and took some photos of the exterior of three different temples. Baojue, with a huge statue of Milefo (Budai / Hotei / Laughing Buddha,) Nantian Temple, with a huge statue of Guan Yu (Guan Di,) and another smaller Buddhist Temple near to my house.

Statue of Guatama Buddha's Succesor, Budai

I took more photos which you can see on my Flickr account here.

I also saw a funny sign, take a look:

Sign reads "Pants Kingdom: Even the biggest of birds can fit in our pants."

Here is a statue broken by the most recent Typhoon:


I took some video as well and hope to edit it with some other things I have in order to create the first episode of Taiwan Dreamin'. It shouldn't take much longer! I may be able to get chinese subtitles as well!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

At first I thought the broken statue was some kind of modern art! Glad you made it through okay.
Mary

8:59 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home