An American makes plans to move to Taiwan.

9.13.2008

Moon Festival

Moon festival is here. I don't know too much about it's history but I think it is the Taiwanese after harvest festival. Most cultures have one, Americans celebrate Thanksgiving. A celebration before winter makes food more scarce.


In Taiwan you can find many people having BBQs. You can buy some cinder blocks and a BBQ tray really cheap, then just get some charcoal at 7-11, set it up on the sidewalk, then you have a great barbeque! We did this on Claire's sidewalk area. It was really fun! Alisha invited me to another one this weekend so I can see if I am able to go.


Street Fighter is an important game for me. I am not particularly good at it, but it's one of the games that influenced me to keep drawing every day. I would watch my friend Michael play Street Fighter and Mega Man, and I would draw the characters. That was when I was a kid, Street Fighter 2 was really popular. Well now they are coming out with Street Fighter 4. It's in Arcades. I found online that in USA there are only a few places that have the machines, California, New York, Washington State, but here in Taiwan there is a single solitary machine in Kaohsiung city! Leah just moved there so I hope she can help me find it! I would be really excited to play that game in an arcade. I've always wanted to play games in a Japanese Arcade, but playing SF4 in Taiwan is pretty awesome too!


On October 28th, my father will come to visit me here to visit me! He will be here for about three weeks. That's two weekends to work with. I hope we can do some fun and exciting things around Taiwan. I will take plenty of video of that, and maybe my quest for the SF4 machine too. I really want to get some interesting and compelling footage for my show. I want to do my best to make it dynamic and engaging.

Finally, there is a Typhoon hitting Taiwan right now, a big one! I haven't been outside yet today but I can hear the winds racing through the street and trying to force its way into my house through any crack or crevice it can find! I still didn't buy a raincoat either, hahaha!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home