An American makes plans to move to Taiwan.

9.20.2008

Chinese Lesson

I had my first session of being tutored last Wednesday. I hired my friend Pei Xin to teach me. She is very good in English so I think she can understand every question I will have or things I want to learn. Right now I am just typing up some lesson plan ideas and sending them to her to form into something she can teach me.

Last time I reviewed things like I, you, she, he, we, them. How to say I am 'excited' or 'scared' or 'bored.' The days of the week... how to write my Chinese name properly... lot's of cool things!

I also recored my voice saying the words as I copied her prompts. I think It should all be pretty good and useful! I feel like if I keep doing this I can really improve quickly, but I guess we will see!

Also on another note I have been practicing playing Super Street Fighter II Turbo and I think I am improving at that as well. I hope when I go to play Street Fighter 4 in Kaohsiung that I can do well and not waste too many quarters!

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Bicyclesidewalk said...

Great to hear you are taking lessons!
I am touching down in Taipei in two weeks - got my visa today.

6:05 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home