An American makes plans to move to Taiwan.

10.10.2008

10 / 10

Today is 10 - 10 day, independence day for Taiwan. I didn't have to go to work but it doesn't seem that there are any special things going on. To be honest I don't know much about the independence day and I'm sure that people who believe Taiwan is not independent from China would ignore this holiday.

I recently got a few photos of myself teaching. Here you can see one of them.

This student I am swatting is Oscar. He, like many of my students, is full of energy and pretty funny. Of course they can drive me insane sometimes, but overall I am still enjoying teaching.

I went out driving around today and took a few photos. I just looked at the map and drove north on one of the bigger roads. I came across this small Temple so I took a photo. It was across the street from a big stadium, I'll upload more pictures to Flickr later.


Also I discovered Donald Duck condoning cannibalism on a sign over a shop selling roasted ducks. Teacher Jen once pointed out that there are a lot of signs in Taiwan with a cartoon animal suggesting that you eat it. "Please come and kill me and eat my flesh, thank you!"

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home