An American makes plans to move to Taiwan.

2.25.2008

Taiwan Dreamin' Videos

I am currently working with my graphics programs to make an intro for my Taiwan Dreamin' show. I am planning to make a silhouetted landscape, black on red, the camera will move backwards across the land showing some Taiwan landmarks. There will also be the words "Explore" "Experience" "Examine" with the final image being similar to the one above.

I also want to comment quickly on some messages I've received online recently. I'm getting the feeling more and more that Taiwanese have a super strong stereotype of foreigners. Any time I mention that I don't like, or don't do one of these stereotypical things people act shocked. Well It's really annoying me. It makes me appreciate where I come from in Maryland. America has a lot of racial tension but we also have many accepting, tolerant, and fair people. Every day we can see mayn types of people and after getting out of middle school I rarely met with many problems in that area. Phoebe mentioned that many Taiwanese love to gossip, so even though it has not effect on them, and its none of their business, they can spread rumors and things like that. I think even if they think its bad for foreigners to date with many TW girls, it's their choice, and the girls like it too, so how is it really even bad. The people involved are satisfied and everyone else needs to butt out.

I hope I can do a segment on Taiwan Dreamin' discussing race issues in America VS Taiwan, and also dispell some stereotypes in the process.

Labels: , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You were well brought up if I do say so myself. MOM

3:34 PM

 
Blogger Bicyclesidewalk said...

Looks good!
Looking forward to the videos.

11:32 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm interested in reading that entry, I for one would like to know what they think we do.
"What, you don't have human head mounted on your ceiling fan!? NO WAY"

11:50 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stereotyping in another country, no way! Heh, I can only imagine that you
stick out like a sore thumb there.

2:48 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home