An American makes plans to move to Taiwan.

2.18.2008

Dance Club - 'Lobby'

I met Phoebe at Sogo again on Saturday night. She took me on her scooter to a dance club called Lobby. We met Queenie and her Friend Fei, a guy, riding on his motorcycle. So we waited outside for a bit and a bunch of her other friends showed up. A guy they called 'No-No' reserved a VIP type room upstairs with a window looking out on the dance floor.

So we paid about $500 NT to get in and then we get free drinks after that, I only had 2 beers, but whatever. So we all went to dance and went back up to the room. The group I was with was really nice and fun to hang out with. No-No was always doing some crazy and funny things, doing impressions and funny dances with the girls.

When I went out to dance I felt it was pretty fun, I am a decent enough dancer that I don't stand out at all I guess, haha, but in the club really theres not much room to do anything flashy. I felt that a few of the girls I danced near were giving me scared or dirty looks. Later some people told me Lobby is one of the clubs that can sometimes have an anti-foreigner vibe. There is another place called Pig-Pen that is full of foreigners and girls who are crazy for foreigners- not sure if I want to go there either. Maybe I can try, so far I haven't found that other people's descriptions are too accurate to me.

So in the end I had a lot of fun with Phoebe, Queenie, Fei, No-No, and the others. I got to see some hot girls and some crazy ones too. Too bad though, there were way too many guys there, like 70% guys it seemed! Maybe I can try the other big clubs around here, see if I like them better, and I need to try some in Taipei too because i think they must be a lot bigger and more fancy. So even anti-social Ian can manage to go to a dance club, I was super tired after that though!

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Bicyclesidewalk said...

The names in this post read like a David Foster Wallace novel - as I was reading I was thinking wonderful names these folks have chosen - as I am sure Queenie is not her given name. Years ago I was in Wuhan, China helping a friend for a week at a University - he had let all the students come of with English names - some that I still remember - Blueglue, Zip, and Powermoon.

6:55 PM

 
Blogger Ian A. said...

Nathan - I heard of some other crazy names like Chainsaw, God, and Table. Other popular weird names are Apple and Mo-Mo.

I may have even made a post about this last year sometime based on someone's thread on forumosa.

In the classes I observed we had a Nephey, a Vason, and a Federica.

12:04 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home