An American makes plans to move to Taiwan.

2.11.2008

Ian went to a bar!

I walked about 45 mins from my home to the Sogo department store in Taichung and met one of my MSN friends, Phoebe (which I used to think was spelled Pheobe...) We drove to the Jing Meng area and went to an Italian restaurant called Fatties. It was good, I had some salmon and cream sauce with fettuccine. Once again it was fun and I personally didn't feel all that nervous or awkward. I guess it's easier when you don't really have any expectations or intentions of dating or whatever. Just meet as friends, if you like them later then thats fine.

So after eating Phoebe took me to Feng Jia, the same place Jess and I went, but this time it was later and much more crowded. Just for fun we went down this one part of the street where it was so crowded that people just had to stop sometimes, it was pretty crazy, good place for pick pockets I'd guess, I put my wallet in my front pocket. After that we went and had some tea drinks at a little cafe type place.

So then Phoebe suggested that we meet one of her friends at the bar, they both work there as bartenders/hostesses. Most of you know I am not a guy who just goes to bars, but this place was small and knowing someone who works there is nice. So I just had one drink, a Red Baron, it wasn't very strong at all, but thats good for me, haha! So I just hung out with them till about 2:30 am and then they helped me get a cab home for $400 NT, it's kinda far from my house.

Phoebe and her friend Queenie were both very cool, funny, and hot as well. I gotta get a scooter soon so I can go hang out with people easier. $400 NT is too much to spend driving around.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Bicyclesidewalk said...

Getting out is a good thing! Good to hear there is some kind of night scene in Taichung. 400NT - that is a bit over 10 or 12 bucks?

7:11 PM

 
Blogger Ian A. said...

Yeah, its like 12 bucks, its partially because they charge extra on CNY holidays.

But just compare that to a 50 min ride to Taipei for only 700nt- much better deal.

10:25 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home