An American makes plans to move to Taiwan.

4.23.2008

Taipei Trip!

I went up to Taipei this weekend on the bus to visit my friend Nancy. I stayed at her place Friday night and we went out on Saturday. We went around the city on the Metro (MRT) and I saw Taipei 101 for the first time from the distance on the train.
It's so big and impressive in real life. So we decided to go to the Mao Kong Gondola, it can take you up into the mountains where there are many tea shops, then down to the Taipei Zoo. We didn't drink tea or see the zoo but we took a bunch of pictures in the mountains there.


The view from the gondola was great! You can see all the pictures I took on my Flickr page:
You can see Taipei 101 in the background of many of them, so tall it even peaks over the mountains!
After that we went to another part of Taipei to eat and watch a movie - Street Kings, it was pretty cool! Sort of similar to the movie Training Day.

So yeah it was a great weekend, a lot of fun! Thanks Nancy!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Bicyclesidewalk said...

Ian,
You know what, just about a month ago we went the Taipei Zoo and we were in limbo about what to do...walk the zoo or hop on a cable car...we ended up walking around the zoo. Next time I think we will take the Mao Kong Gondola - great pics.

11:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home