An American makes plans to move to Taiwan.

4.21.2008

Scooter all up in my house son!


Hey! I am really excited to tell you that I now own a scooter. This weekend I bought it from my neighbor Diane for 9000 NT, thats under $300 USD. Its old and slightly beat up but I think its a great deal for me. I plan to customize it, like adding stickers and graffiti, It's old so I think it's not a big worry to mess around with it. Here you can see some images of it. Since I live on the ground floor I can just let it cool down outside and then roll it inside for safe keeping during the night.


I showed you the hat I was working on before, I was making another for my friend Mirabelle, and I bought a marker that uses the same ink as spray paint. So I think that is permanent enough for the scooter, I can draw on it. It has some stickers already, some european union stickers and stuff. There was an Iceland sticker too but i took that off before this photo and relocated it into the seat storage. Not that I don't like Iceland but I thought its a little weird for me to have it front and center, people will ask me why, and I would say "Uhhhh I dunno..." so I don't like that. I want it to be unique to me.

So first thing I did was ink in the scratched with a black sharpee, looks better than the white scratches. Then I put a Shin Chan (Xiao Shin) sticker over the union jack on the back. Shin Chan is a little boy in a cartoon, maybe similar to a japanese Calvin and hobbes. He has big eyebrows and short hair like me so I like to use him as my mascot, haha!

You can also see I blurred out my license plate, don't try to track me down, haha! Okay - next time I can tell you about the new Cell phone I bought and the fun things I did in Taipei with my friend Nancy!

2 Comments:

Blogger Bicyclesidewalk said...

I think Shin Chan is one of my favorite Japanese characters. He has a very larger than life voice that is tough to copy and he has the best things to say about elephants and everything else...snickering...
Be safe on this new toy of yours...any advice I could give - just go with the flow.

11:27 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet scooter. ^And as above, I also love the elephant thing he does. Interested to see how you deck it out.

9:55 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home