An American makes plans to move to Taiwan.

4.09.2008

ARE YOU READY!?


Well my last post was about being a nerd, well it's about to get nerdier! Sylvia sent me the US version of Super Smash Brothers Brawl, about a month ago, and it finally arrived! I think it must have been shipped by sea. Well it's here now so I can play it! Well you can see I am kissing the game, actually I am not a huge fan of this series because I never played the 1st two games, but I am excited to play this now and happy its not lost! Thank you Sylvia you're the best! LOVE LOVE LOVE!

Well another thing is, I am very sick with some sort of Flu, I think I got it from my friend Nancy because she was also sick. So I am feeling really crappy right now. I have a nasty cough, head ache, sore aching body, and a fever. I went to work yesteday, I was feeling OK at that time, but by the end I was feeling a fever again. Today I only had one class so I forced myself to go. But if I don't feel better tomorow I think I will use my new health card and go to the clinic.

In Taiwan, health care is far superior to the US. There are many small clinics everywhere and the national health insurance is very cheap, most visits will cost under $20 and are much faster. On my way to work there are 2 clinics, one dentist, and one traditional chinese medicine shop, which according to the door also accepts the national health insurance.

If you go to a hospital you can also see a doctor right away and fill out the forms later, not like the US where I am dying of my food allergy and am forced to fill out a ton of forms, by the time you're done, you are either dead, or you've recovered.

Okay, well I am off to play the game now! Hope my friends can come play with me too!

Labels: , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger inducedbycomics said...

health care in the US definitely sucks.

12:34 AM

 
Blogger MissToby said...

haha,when i was robbed and punched by a big black guy in my school,i spent 2 hours to wait for the doctor to check concussion and wounds!

4:48 AM

 
Blogger Bicyclesidewalk said...

Yes, the health care system in Taiwan is great. A couple years ago, my wife and I were in Taoyuan for about two weeks. I got deathly ill - unsure of what to do - we just went to the hospital and used her health card, I got an IV, meds, and it was super cheap.

12:40 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home